Re: [Orgmode] Proposed key binding changes: archiving and attachments

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Proposed key binding changes: archiving and attachments
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:54:58 +0100

Hi!

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
> The main reason is that I think there should be a single default key
> for archiving, and that the user sets a variable to decide what the
> default
> archiving method should be.  I would like this key to be `C-c C-a' which
> is why the org-attach key would have to move as well.

That seems like a good idea.

> In Org-mode files
>
> C-c C-a      archive default (setq by org-archive-default-command)
> C-c C-x C-s  org-archive-subtree (C-c $ remains valid as well)
> C-c C-x a    org-toggle-archive-tag
> C-c C-x A    org-archive-to-archive-sibling

No problems here for me. The keys I use most often are still at their
previous bindings.

> In the agenda
> a            archive with org-archive-default-command

If that hit me by surprise there would be some cussing involved, I
guess. What's the planned default for org-archive-default-command? If
I get a fair warning I'd set it to org-toggle-archive-tag.

> I am wondering how much resistance such a change would create.
---Zitatende---

Not too much, I guess.

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>