[Orgmode] Re: org-show-effort ideas

From: Benjamin Andresen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-show-effort ideas
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:42:12 +0100

Hey org-mode,

Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:

> I definitely did try it, and I just did another 'git pull' and tried
> again, and I still don't see it, so I guess we're talking about
> different things ;-)
>
> To clarify, I'm referring to showing effort via a single keystroke
> when on a todo line in the *Org Agenda* buffer.  Currently, when I hit
> "e" on a todo which has an existing "Effort" property value set, my
> minibuffer prompt shows "Value: ".  The same applies with C-c C-x e in
> a normal .org file buffer.

When I press 'e' in an agenda on an item that has the Effort property
value set, I get a minibuffer prompt that shows "Value [5]: " when the
Effort value is 5.

This is with a git version from Sunday morning.

Check the source of the function org-set-effort, it will show you that
it concats "[" cur "]", where cur is the current Effort prop value.

br,
benny