[Orgmode] agenda: storing searches _really_

From: Christoph Groth
Subject: [Orgmode] agenda: storing searches _really_
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:56:07 +0100

I'm using org 6.29c.  To view all items tagged with :work: in my agenda
I can type

C-c a a          (to view the current agenda)
/ TAB work RET   (to restrict the display)

Now I would like to get the same with typing

C-c a w

but I cannot figure out how to do that.

I've RTFM and tried setting `org-agenda-custom-commands' in various
ways, also using `org-agenda-skip-function', but my solutions either
    keep ignoring inheritance of tags (the skip-function-solution)
or
    do not allow to switch between day and week view like the "C-c a a"
    agenda does.

So, is there a way to make a custom-agenda with the effect of:

C-c a a / TAB work RET

thank you in advance,

Christoph