Re: [Orgmode][babel]: Some feedback after the first week usage

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode][babel]: Some feedback after the first week usage
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 05:57:14 -1000

On Nov 4, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Torsten Wagner wrote:

2. Is it possible (by a keyboard-shortcut) to execute all blocks of a session
starting from top to down? Sometimes I make small changes here and there and I
just like to say o.k. tangle all this together and execute it, refresh and
show me all new results. This might be even combined by a org-mode variable
which allow to define which results need to be refreshed before saving the org-
mode file (something like #+EXECBYSAVE: name_of_session).
I press C-x C-s rather frequently without much thinking of it. If I want make
sure that e.g., all generated output files (e.g. figures) are in sync with the
code it would be nice to say C-x C-s  and all external figures will be
recreated if necessary.

Aloha Torsten,

Would something like run-code-blocks (below) do what you want?  I put a source block like this at the top of my org-babel file, where I can find it quickly.

#+srcrname: run-code-blocks
#+begin_src python :noweb
<<block-1>>
<<block-2>>