Re: [Orgmode] Re: Proposed key binding changes: archiving and attachment

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Proposed key binding changes: archiving and attachments
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:46:34 +0100

Hm...

Paul Mead schrieb:
> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
> > I actually think that few people use archiving to sibling.  Am I wrong about
> > this?

I've never used archiving to sibling on purpose. After using it
accidentaly once, I was a bit annoyed at having to clean up the
structure of my project.

> I use archiving to sibling for sub-headings in projects that are still
> current, to tidy things up, then archive the whole project subtree to
> the archive file when it's finished. I'd prefer to have archive to
> sibling as the default option with the fewest keystrokes.
---Zitatende---

Hm, I use the archive tag for exactly that purpose. I prefer to see
the original structure in the tree, but with the dead branches (i.e.
already resolved subprojects).

But don't get me wrong, I don't want to proselytise or something.

It's a good thing, that org offers so many ways of organising our
"stuff". ;)

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)