Re: [Orgmode] emacsclient -e '(org-agenda)' sometimes displays stale age

From: Andrew J. Korty
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] emacsclient -e '(org-agenda)' sometimes displays stale agenda
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:46:21 -0500

On Nov 10, 2009, at 16:15 , Sebastian Rose wrote:

"Andrew J. Korty" <address@hidden> writes:
Calling org-agenda from emacsclient doesn't always seem to generate a fresh agenda the way it does when called from a key binding or M-x. Anyone know why?

I think the agenda is rebuild, if you quit it and restart it again. In
many cases, this makes absolutely sense. I have quite a few agenda files
in use and some of them grow since 2 years now.

Say I use M-x org-agenda and press M to do a tag TODO query. I get the results in the *Org Agenda* buffer. Then I do M-x org-agenda RET M again with a different tag. The contents of the *Org Agenda* buffer are replaced with the results of the new query.

But if I do all that by calling org-agenda from emacsclient, the contents of the *Org Agenda* buffer don't get replaced when I do the second query. They still contain the results of the first query.

ajk