Re: [Orgmode] feature request: show context in agenda

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] feature request: show context in agenda
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:25:01 +0100

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:
> In the agenda, it is difficult to find where you are in
> the hierarchy.  I find that I have to switch to the outline,
> then scroll up, if I want to know what the parent headline
> is, or any ancestor.

  Just a note: pressing E in the agenda view you will see an excerpt
of each section's context.
  It shows some lines from the content.
  Maybe it could show in addition the names of the headings which form
the outline path. Or maybe a simplified form of them (like: the first
3 characters of each heading: /Pro…/Web…/tas…/Design. Or the first
word. Or the first N words that make that heading different from its
siblings.)