Re: [Orgmode] Blorgit > SVN integration

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Blorgit > SVN integration
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:45:31 -0700

Francesco Pizzolante <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've started playing with Blorgit and it really looks very promising...
>
> I have a few questions:
>
> 1) Is it possible to integrate Blorgit with SVN instead of git? If yes, how
>    can I do it?

Yes, it should be possible to use any version control backend, the only
command that will not work with svn is the option to automatically
commit any edits to the git repository, however changing this command
should be straightforward.  You should just have to make a change in
backend/blog.rb line 15.

> 2) If I have comments in an org file, as soon as I edit the file through the
>    web interface, the comments disappear (they're still present as * COMMENT
>    lines in the org file though, but no longer displayed in the browser).

Hmm, not sure about that, are you sure that you are creating the comment
outline headings exactly how they are created when blorgit adds them
through the web interface?

> 3) I would like to add a .pdf link (next to edit .org .tex) in order to
>    download the PDF coming from the compilation (pdflatex) of the .tex file.
>    Is it possible?

Yes, this should certainly be possible (and please let me know if you
succeed and I would like to add that change to the main repo).  See line
70 in backend/acts_as_org/lib/acts_as_org.rb, it should be fairly
straight forward to create a to_pdf command similar to the to_tex
command defined therein.

> 4) Is it possible to add a button in order to create a new file directly from
>    the web interface?

Yes, with the edit-able option set to true, you will just need to type
the path to the new file as a url into your web browser.  If blorgit
can't find a file there it will offer to let you create one.

> Many thanks in advance for your help!

Hope it works well for you.  Best of luck -- Eric