Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Periodic events based on count of spe

From: David Bremner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Periodic events based on count of specific weekdays
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:06:20 -0400

Ben Finney wrote:

>I'm surprised at this assertion. Just about every club or social
>organisation, etc., that I've heard of that meets monthly, does so by
>meeting “on the second Tuesday of the month” or equivalent monthly
>specification. It's surely not seldom in my experience.

I missed some context, so maybe this was already mentioned, but for
things like this it should be possible to use diary lisp style date
entries

%%(diary-float t 2 1) 19:00 Club meeting

seems to do the "First Tuesday of the month" for me. Notice that there
must be no space at the beginning of the line.