Re: [Orgmode] latex export and beamer columns

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] latex export and beamer columns
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:00:26 +0000

At Sat, 21 Nov 2009 06:33:52 -1000,
Thomas S. Dye wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2009, at 2:49 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
> > Recently, in September, there was a discussion about exporting org
> > files to latex using the beamer class and generating slides with
> > multiple columns:

[...]

> Aloha Eric,
>
> Thanks very much for this approach to creating beamer slides with
> columns.  The earlier discussion didn't come up with a solution at
> least partly because I was clinging to the notion that low-level
> headings, below the levels specified by the H option, should be used
> for itemized lists.  Once this mistaken assumption is abandoned, your
> solution becomes clear.
>
> Nice!
>
> All the best,
> Tom

You're very welcome!  The solution was indeed easy once one gets past
the limitation of three levels only.  In my case, it was that I didn't
even realise that the exporter would convert lower level headings to
items!  I figured this out when I couldn't figure out why my 4th level
headings weren't initially being translated... :-)