[Orgmode] Re: Bug with time summary in column view?

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug with time summary in column view?
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:00:18 -0500

Hi James,

James TD Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> On 2009-11-24 16:56:27(-0400), Norbert Zeh wrote:
>> I just tried the latest org-mode version 6.33f, and I've run into the
>> following problem that is not there with version 6.32b but which I can
>> also reproduce with version 6.33c (sorry didn't try any other versions).
>
> I've just tried this with the latest org-mode from git and it seems to
> be working fine. There have been no changes to column view since 6.33f
> was tagged.

I'm experiencing the same problem the OP reports (i.e., no effort or
clocksum summaries) when viewing columns in the agenda. I reported this
in an earlier email:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/19937

I'm using the most recent git version with:

GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.2.1, NS apple-appkit-949.27)

It also occurs on my Linux box.

The behavior was introduced with the following commit:

commit b81fae4c3fa39a15bda5e58016fe9dec28e38c18
Author: James TD Smith <address@hidden>
Date:   Tue Nov 10 02:42:17 2009 +0000

    More bugfixes for agenda column view

    Make org-agenda-columns-summarize work properly with the new summary types.
    It was assuming the values should be summarised by adding them together. It'
    now updated to use the summary functions in org-columns-compile-map, and als
    handles summary types with calculated values properly.

    Leave calculated columns blank if there is no underlying value.

    Don't return zero if a property is missing.

    Changes are also applied to xemacs colview.

- Matt