[Orgmode] How to "snooze" a repeating item

From: Andrew M. Nuxoll
Subject: [Orgmode] How to "snooze" a repeating item
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:34:30 -0800

I've been using org-mode for four months now and I just love it. So I think I'm post-newb but still very amateur.

Anyway, my to-do list has several repeating scheduled items like this contrived example:

***** TODO [#B] Lunch date with Sarah at 12pm
     SCHEDULED: <2009-12-08 Tue +1w>

Or, in English, I meet with Sarah for lunch once a week on Tuesdays.

Now, let's say that Sarah calls on Monday afternoon and says, "Can we do lunch on Wednesday this week?" and I say "Sure thing."

Now I have a problem.  I could shift the date to Wednesday like this:

***** TODO [#B] Lunch date with Sarah at 12pm
     SCHEDULED: <2009-12-09 Wed +1w>

But that will mean that the following week it will *still* be scheduled for Wednesdays (specifically Dec 16 instead of Dec 15). I miss my regular lunch date with Sarah and catch ire for standing her up.

How do I handle situations like this? It seems like I either need a time stamp "stack" or I need a temporary flag that "self destructs" after a prescribed time.

:AMN: