[Orgmode] Re: [OT] Emacs for email?

From: Gour
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Emacs for email?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 07:39:45 +0100

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:56:08 -0600
>>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

Russell> I'm suppose I'm still an exception here. I'm using Mutt,
Russell> though I edit outbound messages in emacs.

I used to use Gnus, but switched back to Claws so it's easier for my
other family members.

Russell>
Russell> My email toolchain goes like this:
Russell>
Russell>  - fetchmail downloads from several different servers
Russell>  - procmail sorts email into the proper inbox or other folder
Russell>    - I use maildir for backend storage, I gave up on mbox a
Russell> long time ago

I'm using getmail to fetch from different servers, maildrop to sort
and dovecot running on localhost so that has Claws access to all the
mail via IMAP (that's how I used it with Gnus as well), while
emacsclient is used as Claws' external editor.

I used Gnus for nntp & rss, but had too many problems with
unrecognised rss feeds and I had to pull news every 20mins or so due
to problems with Gnus <--> Dovecot timeout-ing. Moreover, Gnus tends
to be slow and considering Emacs' single-threading, I went back to
Claws despite having desire to do almost-everything in Emacs.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6