[Orgmode] Re: Org mode and Collaboration with others.

From: andrea
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and Collaboration with others.
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:38:14 +0100

"Tim O'Callaghan" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi org (ab)users
>
> This is a kind of follow up to an earlier thread, because i think
> there is some value in kicking off a discussion.
>
> I have suspicions that org-mode is essentially a solitary habit. I've
> done a quick search in the manual or FAQ about how you might share
> your org habit with others, but nothing seems to exist.
>
> So i thought I'd ask the users how they spread their org around. I'm
> looking for ideas that are not the "fire and forget" publishing of
> your org todo's method. I mean a method that you can meaningfully
> involve others, even if the involvement is synced through an external
> collaboration tool.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Tim.

Hi Tim.
I don't think that at the moment org-mode can be more than solitary
habit.
The "problem" is that org-mode runs on emacs, and really a small
percentage of people can/want to use emacs.

If I ever will be able to work with emacs-(ab)users org-mode can be
really great to centralize documentation/agenda and everything we could
think of.

But to communicate with "normal" people the only way that I see is some
sort of program which understands org-files but don't let the user do
nasty things.