Re: [Orgmode] Re: Beamer support in Org-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Beamer support in Org-mode
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:23:06 +0100

On Nov 27, 2009, at 9:15 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

At Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:47:53 -0600,
Russell Adams wrote:

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:38:20PM +0100, S??bastien Vauban wrote:
I just know ('ve seen it) that Russell Adams (hep!??;-)) uses Prosper, one of the old alternatives, before Beamer came on the "market". Maybe he could tell
us some interesting things about this planned construction?

I heard my name *ears burning*.

I just made my first Beamer presentation in Org recently, and I'm
*sold* on it.

http://www.adamsinfoserv.com/AISTWiki/pub/AIS/Presentations/HoustonAIXUsersGroup_ToolsTipsTricks.pdf

On this note, the slides I was preparing and which in some sense
motivated this whole org to beamer debate can be found here
temporarily:

 http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucecesf/tmp/heatandpipes.pdf

See particularly slide 100 for the type of slide I would like to be
able to handle easily in org mode, if at all possible.

Hi Eric,

here is how I would make your slide 100 with the new setup. There are different ways to do it - for illustration I have made your legend a block environment with title "Legend".

* Typical configuration

** Graphics                                                 :B_ignoreheading:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
   :BEAMER_col: 0.5
   :END:
   [[./blue.png]]

** Legend                                                           :B_block:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: block
   :BEAMER_col: 0.5
   :END:
   - $P_1$, pressure at the tank liquid surface
   - $h_1$, height of the liquid surface above the pump centre-line at
     the suction inlet
   - $u_1$, liquid velocity on the surface
   - $u_2$, velocity at the pump inlet
   - $h_\mathrm{f}$, total piping friction loss between (1) and (2)