Re: [Orgmode] keep newlines on pdf export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] keep newlines on pdf export
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:49:36 +0100

On Dec 14, 2009, at 4:40 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:

Eraldo Helal <address@hidden> wrote:

When I export an org file like the following to pdf:
test.org
line1
line2
line3

what I get is:
test.pdf
line1 line2 line3

however, I would like to get the following in the pdf:
test.pdf
line1
line2
line3

How can I get pdf export to keep my org newlines?
Remark: I do have "\n:t" set in my options line.

Not sure whether this actually went in or not: see

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/18823

We went in and out of this idea.  For a while, "#+OPTIONS: \n:t"
did enter a \obeylines into the LaTeX output, but that turned
out to be not reliable,

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/18823/focus=18867

so I removed that again.

But the hack you show below surely will work in that limited sense.

- Carsten

Also I messed up the syntax of obeylines before - it should
look like this:

#+LATEX: {\obeylines %}
line1
line2