Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support in Org-mode

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support in Org-mode
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:49:23 -0300

I also thought about suggesting this approach, but the problem is that footnotes
and "beamer notes" are really two different things. Beamer notes can be anything
such as tables, figures, several lines of text (with itemize), display
equations, etc.. At least for me, these examples of beamer notes are common and
if org-mode used standard footnotes as the way to enter notes in beamer then I
wouldn't be able to export to standard latex most of the times.

In addition, while I also agree that footnotes shouldn't be in a presentation
they are allowed when working with beamer and may be useful in some cases. If
org-mode export footnotes as beamer notes then some months from now someone
would be asking here in the mailing-list how to enter a standard footnote when
exporting to beamer.

- Darlan Cavalcante