[Orgmode] Re: [babel] Tiny "problems"

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Tiny "problems"
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:24:25 +0100

Hi Eric,

Sébastien Vauban wrote:
> "Eric Schulte" wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Currently I don't think we support indentation to the level of the noweb
>> reference in the original source-code block. At first glance that does
>> however seem to be a better default behavior. I'll look into this.
>
> [...]
>
> So, the only solution would be to indent the inserted block by the number of
> spaces in front of the `<<<code here>>>' sequence. Will be interested having
> that fixed, even if that's (only) medium priority.

In fact, a better specification is: copy whatever (any character) is in front
of `<<<code here>>>' in front of every line of the referenced block (same
amount of characters, be it spaces or something else).

That way, a commented SQL source block like the following would be correctly
outputted:

    -- -- set flag
    -- UPDATE dossier
    -- SET DossierSentToSector = @now
    -- WHERE ID
    --     IN (SELECT actID_fk
    --         FROM actions
    --         WHERE (actID = 338 AND actEtat = 3))
    --     AND F1SignDate < @firstDayOfThisMonth
    --     AND DossierSentToSector IS NULL
    --     AND
    --     <<ConditionForSector>>

Currently, the first line of the "condition" block is commented, the others
not, resulting in incorrect code being tangled.

With the above "spec", I guess all cases are covered. What do you think?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban