[Orgmode] Re: [babel] Tiny "problems"

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Tiny "problems"
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:12:44 +0100

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
>> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>>> In fact, a better specification is: copy whatever (any character) is in
>>> front of `<<<code here>>>' in front of every line of the referenced block
>>> (same amount of characters, be it spaces or something else).
>>>
>>> That way, a commented SQL source block like the following would be
>>> correctly outputted:
>>>
>>>     -- -- set flag
>>>     -- UPDATE dossier
>>>     -- SET DossierSentToSector = @now
>>>     -- WHERE ID
>>>     --     IN (SELECT actID_fk
>>>     --         FROM actions
>>>     --         WHERE (actID = 338 AND actEtat = 3))
>>>     --     AND F1SignDate < @firstDayOfThisMonth
>>>     --     AND DossierSentToSector IS NULL
>>>     --     AND
>>>     --     <<ConditionForSector>>
>>>
>>> Currently, the first line of the "condition" block is commented, the
>>> others not, resulting in incorrect code being tangled.
>>>
>>> With the above "spec", I guess all cases are covered. What do you think?
>>
>> I like it a lot, I'll add this to the TODO.  Thanks -- Eric
>
> I just pushed up a commit which should implement your idea mentioned below.
>
> Please try it out and let me know if it doesn't work as expected.

Simply perfect!

The only impact is that we cannot expect a multi-line block to be correctly
exported in the following case:

-- set flag
UPDATE dossier
SET DossierSentToSector = @now
WHERE ID
    IN (SELECT actID_fk
        FROM actions
        WHERE (actID = 338 AND actEtat = 3))
    AND F1SignDate < @firstDayOfThisMonth
    AND DossierSentToSector IS NULL
    AND <<ConditionForSector>>

Because `AND' would be copied in front of every line, which may not be OK.
But, for me, that's both perfectly comprehensible and perfectly acceptable.

Would the source block be mono-line, the above must perfectly work.

Do we agree on this?

Thank you very much, anyway, for this very nice fix, which fixes the above
problem of commented block, and the indentation one... 2 flies with 1 stone.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban