Re: [Orgmode] Organizing a students live

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Organizing a students live
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:31:09 +0100

Thomas Bach <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Thomas,

> Actually I'm trying to integrate all my university stuff into my
> org-files and I'm a bit stuck.
> All my university stuff means: there is a certain date when a semester
> starts and another one when it ends.

> ** APPT segundo cuatrimestre
>    SCHEDULED: <2010-02-08 Mon>
I'd use only timestamps and not SCHEDULE or DEADLINES, and not
appointments  for the beginning and the end of the semester

** APPT segundo cuatrimestre starts
     <2010-02-08 Mon>
*** vacaciones
     <2010-03-15 Mon>--<2010-03-19 Fri>
*** finaliza segundo cuatrimestre
      <2010-06-04 Fri>

> During that time I have to go to a couple of classes which usually have
> "homeworks" related to them.

I suggest to you to write down the classes (with the tag :class:, if you want )
and the corresponding  homeworks to do ... or TODO ? ;-)

So your file may become:

** segundo cuatrimestre starts
     <2010-02-08 Mon>

*** org-mode :class:
**** read the manual :homework:
   SCHEDULED: <2010-02-10 Wed>
I shall read the manual and I will start today
**** TODO write a summary of the manual
    DEADLINE: <2010-03-10 Wed>
Carsten wants my summary for today!! Panic on the street!!

*** finaliza segundo cuatrimestre
      <2010-06-04 Fri>

hth
Giovanni