[Orgmode] Re: Question about searches (ultimately for agenda)

From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Question about searches (ultimately for agenda)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:35:47 -0600

On 12/17/09 13:26, Carsten Dominik wrote:
Yes, so that the search only continues after that entry. But yes, you
are right, this can fail for the final entry in a file.

Try

'(when (org-entry-is-done) (outline-next-heading) (point))

        Seems to work.

Also, I'm pretty weak with Emacs Lisp. What does (point) do? Google's
no help (obviously).

Point returns the buffer position of he cursor, in this case the
position where the next entry starts.

OK. I guess I don't understand why we need to know where the point is. Is this returning the value of the point in whatever buffer I am when I /execute/ the agenda command? Or is this more like the function is sweeping the point across all agenda files to find headlines? Or...?