[Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Prompt to remove deadline/scheduled dates

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Prompt to remove deadline/scheduled dates
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:14:44 -0500

Paul Holcomb <address@hidden> writes:

>  Its great that there is a log when the DEADLINE or SCHEDULED value
>  changes for an entry.  It would also be nice if you could remove the
>  deadline or scheduled value using the same interface so it could be
>  logged.
>
>  For example, with scheduled I might decide to do a certain task
>  next week, and schedule the task accordingly.  Then, something
>  changes and I'm now not going to do the task anytime soon.  It
>  shouldn't be scheduled and I don't want it to show up in the agenda
>  anymore.
>
>  It seems like adding an option to the date/time prompt to null out
>  the value works, but is this the right approach?  When you do this
>  you end up with items with "SCHEDULED:" or "DEADLINE:" and no date
>  after them.  These items don't show in the agenda, but it seems a
>  little ugly.

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you are asking for, but you can
remove SCHEDULED and DEADLINE metadata by adding a prefix argument to
C-c C-s and C-c C-d.

,----
| C-c C-s runs the command org-schedule, which is an interactive
| compiled Lisp function in `org.el'.
|
| It is bound to C-c C-s, <menu-bar> <Org> <Dates and Scheduling>
| <Schedule Item>.
|
| (org-schedule &optional remove time)
|
| Insert the SCHEDULED: string with a timestamp to schedule a TODO item.
| With argument remove, remove any scheduling date from the item.
| When time is set, it should be an internal time specification, and the
| scheduling will use the corresponding date.
`----

Perhaps you are looking for something different---e.g., log info about
when an item was unscheduled? The phrase "so it could be logged" in the
first paragraph of your message makes me suspect I may not understand
your request.

Best,
Matt