Re: [Orgmode] Re: autoloading stuff

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: autoloading stuff
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 13:27:23 -1000

Hi Andrea,

On Dec 27, 2009, at 12:53 PM, andrea wrote:

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:
Hi Andrea,
I'm not certain I understand your question, but it brings to mind the
Getting Started section of
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/intro.php,
which indicates that you can activate whatever subset of supported
languages you wish.

Well the problems is that I would like to load all those possible modes only the first time that I actually open an org-file that contains code
for that language.

;;; Code:
(require 'org-babel)
(require 'tuareg)

For example I find that org-babel/ocaml it loads tuareg, even if I'm not
using it at all...

I would like in general to require the least things as possible, and use
*eval-after-load* and hooks for everything.

I don't believe this is addressed in the documentation. Perhaps Eric or Dan can give you an answer when they are back on-line.

All the best,
Tom