Re: [Orgmode] How to change CREATED property value to inactive in org-ex

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to change CREATED property value to inactive in org-expiry
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:48:13 +0100

On Dec 27, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Manish wrote:

Manish>> I have just spent an hour trying to figure out how to change
Manish>> the timestamp added as a result of org-expiry-insinuate to
Manish>> inactive with no success.  It seems to me that I need to
Manish>> change something in function org-expiry-insert-created but
Manish>> don't know what.  I also do not understand in which
Manish>> situations does an active timestamp for CREATED property make
Manish>> sense.

David> I recently started to patch org-expiry.el and enabling inactive
David> timestamps was the first thing I patched. The modified version
David> is on the expiry+ branch in a copy of org-mode @github.com:
David>
David> http://github.com/dmj/org-mode/tree/expiry+
David>
David> I hope I got the git-things rights this time so fetching and
David> merging it with a local branch of the original should work.
David>
David> Next thing on my list is to toggle auto inserting of the
David> creation date for Todo headlines only.
David>
David> To enable inactive timestamps when using the expiry+ branch
David> simply set the variable `org-expiry-inactive-timestamps' to t.

Works as advertised. :)  Hope the patch makes it to org-mode soon.

Hi,

Please contact Bastien about this.

- Carsten