Re: [Orgmode] Request for guidance: Export ONLY headlines matching occur

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Request for guidance: Export ONLY headlines matching occur search?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:22:01 +0100

On Dec 21, 2009, at 10:48 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

   I am keeping notes in a single file about several topics.  I can
   isolate headlines about these topics/products, by an agenda occur
   search: C-a a / <key phrase> .   I have made a template to print a
   memo about these products, but it seems I must copy the headlines
   by hand to a register or file, then massage them into shape.

   I would like to do something like export a PDF of all
   entries/subtrees within the region that have the product's key
   phrase in the heading.   Is it possible to selectively export only
   the subtrees identified by the Occur agenda search, automagically?

No.

What you can do is to make a sparse tree showing only what you want, and then export with

  C-c C-e v b

note the "v"...

   Since my notes start with an inactive time stamp, I would like to
   strip these out as well.  I think I can easily write an elisp
   function to do this, but perhaps org-mode already has such
   capabilities built in, a regexp for an inactive time stamp.

Strangely enough, there is not.  But you can make it with

(concat "\\[" (substring org-ts-regexp 1 -1) "\\]")

HTH

- Carsten

   Perhaps I'll spend some time over Christmas break on this.  It's
   nice to easily make a memo, but it would be a big help to make it
   less laborious.

    In case there is interest, here are the template and the fragments
   for the head and tail of the memo.

   Remember template:
("Memo" ?Z "%[~/org/MEMO/Top.2.memo] %? \n %i %& %[~/org/MEMO/Bot.memo]"
                       "~/or/MEMO/Memo.tex" top)

The required files Top.2.memo and Bot.memo are attached. Top. 2.memo can be edited with any hard wired recipient and from lines. The class file, also included, is edited to change the header on the memo. All three must be in the directory ~/org/MEMO. I am using the sloppy approach of running LaTeX on the long Memo.tex file to which the current memo has been pre-pended. Only the topmost memo is printed.

This approach works but it is currently a kluge, unpolished. The enhancements I have requested would make it possible to instantly fire off a memo about a specific product.

    Alan Davis

Emacs-orgmode mailing list
address@hidden