[Orgmode] Re: Proposal: Extended link capabilities to Wanderlust message

From: David Maus
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Proposal: Extended link capabilities to Wanderlust messages for Orgmode
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 00:08:26 +0100

*grml*,

For the third proposal I actually forgot the proposed modification:

> 1.3 Link to thread
> -------------------
>
>     Sometimes I'd like to store a link not just to a particular message
>     but to a whole discussion thread.
>
> * Problem with current solution
>
>   It is currently not possible to store a link to a discussion thread.
>
> * Proposed modification

Introduce new customization variable `org-wl-link-to-thread'. If set
to t, `org-wl-store-link' stores a link to the thread a message is in
using a filter folder that limits the view to all messages in the
current folder that have the mesage-id of the message the started the
thread in the message-id, in-reply-to or references header field.

* Open question

  Currently this capability is implemented on a global level. If
  `org-wl-link-to-thread' is set to t, each link to a message is
  created using a filter folder.

  This seems to be no problem as the filter condition controls which
  messages are displayed in the folder only. That means: The message
  you are refering to is opened anyway.

  Using a prefix works for storing a link via `org-store-link' (C-c l)
  but fails when filing a remember note as the prefix will be
  interpreted by `org-remember'.

Regards

 -- David

--