Re: [Orgmode] Speeding up agenda display

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Speeding up agenda display
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 13:42:41 +0100

On Jan 3, 2010, at 4:40 AM, Andrew J. Korty wrote:

On Jan 2, 2010, at 14:37 , Carsten Dominik wrote:

I have been thinking about caching often
but always stopped implementing it because, being a plain text
system, there is always the possibility that thinks are being
changed behind the back of the cache.  How are you handling
updating the cache?

Well, I'm only using the cache while org-agenda is running -- it doesn't persist beyond that. So I don't have to worry about the agenda files changing, but I get no added benefit for subsequent agenda builds.

Ah, OK.

thanks.

- Carsten