Re: [Orgmode] Re: Proposal: Extended link capabilities to Wanderlust mes

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Proposal: Extended link capabilities to Wanderlust messages for Orgmode
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:39:56 +0100

Hi David,

I am not using wanderlust myself, but I'd be happy to accept a patch.
Maybe contact Tokuya Kameshima directly and discuss with him?
He might not be reading address@hidden regularly.

- Carsten

On Jan 2, 2010, at 12:08 AM, David Maus wrote:

*grml*,

For the third proposal I actually forgot the proposed modification:

1.3 Link to thread
-------------------

Sometimes I'd like to store a link not just to a particular message
   but to a whole discussion thread.

* Problem with current solution

 It is currently not possible to store a link to a discussion thread.

* Proposed modification

Introduce new customization variable `org-wl-link-to-thread'. If set
to t, `org-wl-store-link' stores a link to the thread a message is in
using a filter folder that limits the view to all messages in the
current folder that have the mesage-id of the message the started the
thread in the message-id, in-reply-to or references header field.

* Open question

 Currently this capability is implemented on a global level. If
 `org-wl-link-to-thread' is set to t, each link to a message is
 created using a filter folder.

 This seems to be no problem as the filter condition controls which
 messages are displayed in the folder only. That means: The message
 you are refering to is opened anyway.

 Using a prefix works for storing a link via `org-store-link' (C-c l)
 but fails when filing a remember note as the prefix will be
 interpreted by `org-remember'.

Regards

-- David

--