Re: [Orgmode] Selective Export Question

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Selective Export Question
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 08:15:55 -0800

Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Dec 22, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Mark Elston wrote:

I have been making progress on my use of org-mode to manage both
my teaching notes and handouts in a single document.  However, there
is something I still have not been able to make happen.  That is
selective exporting of text *without* exporting a headline along with
it.

Here is a sample of what I would like.  In this example I have sections
with "common" text (should be in both teaching notes and handouts) and
sections that are specific to each individual output format.  What I
have below is set up to export the notes.  What I would like is to
have the text (only) of the non-excluded sections and not the headlines.

Hi Mark,

I think the right path for this is a function that you write and install
in org-export-preprocess-hook.  Then you can set your own conditions and
remove those headlines before Org even tries to look at them.

HTH

- Carsten

Thanks, Carsten.

It is amazing how much infrastructure there is to support so many
features.  I wasn't aware of all the hooks available and this one
escaped my attention.  I will look into it.  My elisp isn't as good
as my C++ (or Python, or Perl...) but it is probably good enough to
make use of this.

Mark