Re: [Orgmode] Re: New beamer support

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: New beamer support
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:36:31 +0100

On Jan 6, 2010, at 11:59 AM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

Shouldn't `("@" "\\alert{%s}" nil)' be added by default?

Hmm, I am not sure, because \alert is of course not defined in normal LaTeX export. And maybe it would even be better to redifine bold emphasis as alert for beamer export?

- How to get "frame breaks", without modifying the resulting TeX file (by
adding a frame option `allowframebreaks' -- similar to the `fragile'
option)?

Just put [allowframebreaks] into the :BEAMER_envargs: property of
the node that becomes the frame.

That does work. Thanks.

However, couldn't we have that on by default on all nodes? For sure, some people won't remark some text is cut off in the output beamer presentation,
when the option is not set.

I believe turning this on for all frames has drawbacks, like
loosing overlay capability?

However, I guess it does make sense to have a global variable to
set default options for frames, I guess.  I'll put that on my list.

By the way, how are we supposed to add that property in the most easiest manner? I never really used column view, but I have troubles when using it
here.

On the node where I want to add that property, I do:
- `C-c C-x C-c' to enter column view
- `right' (arrow) to go in the second column
- `e' to edit the property
... but I'm put in a tag selection menu... What am I doing wrong?

That happens at the BEAMER_env property and give you a way to
select the environment with a single key, for example `e b' for block.
If you move the cursor to the field for env args, e will give you a
prompt where you can edit.

- Carsten