Re: [Orgmode] Re: Orgmode + other modes for outlining and studying.

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Orgmode + other modes for outlining and studying.
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:46:14 -0700

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

[..]

> What would it take to add AWK to the list of supported languages, in
> addition to Seb's setup?

It is currently possible to run awk one-liners using a shell script
block, but I guess awk does straddle the line between command-line
command and full-fledged language.

It would be possible to add support for awk as a language by fleshing
out the org-babel-template.el [1] following the directions in that file
itself.  All of the *session* functions can be ignored (as I don't think
there is such a thing as an interactive awk session) which makes this
task relatively simple.  Another good guide could be org-babel-ditaa.el
[2] which is also a fairly simple language.

Best -- Eric

Footnotes:
[1]  http://github.com/eschulte/babel-dev/raw/master/org-babel-template.el

[2]