Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Bug in output PDF with source blocks of unknown la

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Bug in output PDF with source blocks of unknown language
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:21:23 -0700

Hi Sébastien,

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> * Bug
>
>   You see that when the language is unknown to Org-babel (=Delphi= in this
>   example), it gets ignored during export, and gets replaced by the previous
>   code block!!
>
>   So, the current workaround is to take whatever other language know to Babel
>   (here: =perl=) for the export to (at least) output the right code in the
>   generated document (even if not correctly highlighted).

Oh, that certainly is a problem!  Thanks for reporting I'll take a look.
For reference it's being tracked as a bug on our development page here

http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/TODO-on-export-babel-overwrites-unrecognized-source-blocks.html

> * Other problem
>
>   The selected language must also be known by =listings=... Hence, =R= cannot
>   be chosen for language; generating otherwise an error when compiling the
>   LaTeX document.

This should be an easier fix.  It is possible to add listings alias by
adding an entry to the `org-src-lang-modes' variable.

,----[org-src-lang-modes]
| org-src-lang-modes is a variable defined in `org-src.el'.
| Its value is
| (("ocaml" . tuareg)
|  ("elisp" . emacs-lisp)
|  ("ditaa" . artist)
|  ("asymptote" . asy)
|  ("dot" . fundamental))
|

| Documentation:
| Alist mapping languages to their major mode.
| The key is the language name, the value is the string that should
| be inserted as the name of the major mode.  For many languages this is
| simple, but for language where this is not the case, this variable
| provides a way to simplify things on the user side.
| For example, there is no ocaml-mode in Emacs, but the mode to use is
| `tuareg-mode'.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Best -- Eric

> Best regards,
>   Seb
>
> PS- I'll answer your posts shortly (Noweb vs Babel, and incompatibility with
>     Org-special-blocks). Have had no time up to now...

I look forward to your reply when you do have time (no rush) -- notice
I've made a slight change to the look of the source names when exported
to LaTeX.