[Orgmode] odd table behavior

From: David Ellis
Subject: [Orgmode] odd table behavior
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:03:13 -0600

I haven't used tables much so please forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I thought if I typed the following:

|this|is|a|test|
|will tables work?|

and I pressed the enter key with the cursor at the end of the second
line, the tables would reformat. This doesn't seem to be working
anymore for me. If I press the <TAB> key that reformats.

I am using GNU Emacs 23.1.1on Windows with org version 6.33f.

I also noticed that if I type |- at the beginning of a line and then
hit return, it remains |-. If I press <TAB>, it works correctly.

First of all, am I correct that return should reformat. If so, what
should I check to try to fix this.

Thanks,

Dave