[Orgmode] Timeline View Ouput for a Project

From: Xiaolong Tang
Subject: [Orgmode] Timeline View Ouput for a Project
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 01:36:24 -0600

Hi all,

I am in the case of keep tracking of my development on a project in org-mode.
Suppose that I have a project called "lambda". Preferably I set up a file
"lambda.org" for this project.

Each day I may push more TODO lists into the project while making some progress
on those TODO lists set up before (All of the TODO lists are with the same tag,
for example, "lambda"). In order to report my performance, each time I start to
work on the project, I check in by "C-c C-x C-i", namely, clock-in, and check
out by "C-c C-x C-o", namely, clock-out. So far so good with the org-mode.

Next, I expect to have the per day report of the project in terms of the items
and the daily time length I spend on these times. In my mind, the view looks
like something as below:

Monday     11 January 2010
  Scheduled [Headline]
  TODO [Headline]   [Time Length]                                 :@lambda::
  TODO [Headline]   [Time Length]                                 :@lambda::
Tuesday    12 January 2010
  Scheduled [Headline]
  TODO [Headline]   [Time Length]                                 :@lambda::
  TODO [Headline]   [Time Length]                                 :@lambda::

The timeline view of a single org file does not fit, and neither does the
agenda view with clock report. So, I am wondering how I can achieve to have the
daily report on a project. If my mental model on a project tracking does not
make much sense, is there any suggestions or advices for using Org-mode to keep
track of the development of a project?

Thanks,

  Xiaolong