[Orgmode] Re: Repeating dates on named weekdays

From: Ben Finney
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Repeating dates on named weekdays
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:31:03 +1100

Glauber Alex Dias Prado <address@hidden> writes:

> William Halliburton <address@hidden> writes:
> > How can one enter in repeating dates such as
> >
> > every third thursday of each month
> >
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Repeating-items.html#Repeating-items
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Repeated-tasks.html#Repeated-tasks

That doesn't help. Neither of those pages say anything about this common
use case.

I do wish the Org manual, at least, would give an example of what the OP
is asking for: repeating events on “every month on the Nth D-weekday at
T time”, and how to translate the N, D, and T into some Org date+time
format that will give that result.

I'd provide a suggested addition to the manual, but I still don't
understand the baroque sexp date format myself.

--
 \        “Good morning, Pooh Bear”, said Eeyore gloomily. “If it is a |
  `\   good morning”, he said. “Which I doubt”, said he. —A. A. Milne, |