Re: [Orgmode] How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digita

From: Raimund Kohl-Füchsle
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 22:18:12 +0100

Hi,

I am a "heavy note taker" and also running org-mode and paper. Paper has advantages mostly when thinking slowly and may be more reflective. Computer has its advantages when it comes to organizing stuff.

What works for me is running a leporella calendar for appointments - for this thing can come along with me no matter where I go. Notes I do take where ever I am with whatsover is available. And I have set aside a repetitive appointment with myself to go through all the notes and to find out what to do with what.

Remaining are the todo-lists. They come wonderfuly out of orgmode - and all I was to find out was how to plan ahead my next week. How do I do that? Easy. I go through all the notes I've taken and decide, what to do with it.

A last note on what I was to find out: Don't try to be too sharp - a little chaos left is kind of a little salt for the soup ... :-)

Good luck :-)

ray