[Orgmode] org-babel and emacs init

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] org-babel and emacs init
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:43:32 +0100

What approach have you taken to loading multiple files using the
org-babel method?

The example on the babel page searches out all org files and then
untangles the elisp snippets and rewrites files with a .el extensions

But how to order  this or how best to load /decode/execute at run time
in say an autoload or eval after load? Simply call org-babel-load-file
instead of require?

e.g say I wanted to keep my (typically large) .gnus.el file as an org
file. How best to deal with that? Currently I have an eval after load
with all the code in that used to be in my .gnus.el in my
emacs-init.org. Other approaches?

Would there be a way to get the load system to check for an org file
first and call org-babel-load-file?

Should possibly writing the org file auto create the .el file? Or is
that best left to load time?

Any opinions or discussions/pointers appreciated.

regards,

r.