Re: [Orgmode] How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital

From: Jonathan Arkell
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:34:50 -0500

I have been using a combined Paper/org-mode system for awhile now.  i think the
main thing is to have org as your primary system, and the paper system as a
collection/rumination point.

whenever I have an incoming action item, and I am nowhere near my computer, I
add it to an on-going todo list inside of my note-book.  Every morning I have a
repeating task that is to take everything my notebook, and put it inside of the
relevant place in org-mode.  Once that is done, I check off that item in my
todo list in my notebook.  It's not that it is DONE per-sae, but it has been
captured.

I also have a notebook tag, so that if I need to, I can print out an agenda for
stuffing into my notebook. This is mostly for shopping lists, or things I need
to spend some time thinking about.  Any action items that come out of that
would get added to my todo list in my notebook, and then back into the system.

Hope that helps!

Jonathan Arkell
Tech Lead
Inspired By Drum & Bass, Scheme, Kawaii