[Orgmode] Re: org-babel: Managing a bibtex database

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel: Managing a bibtex database
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:20:57 -0500

On Thu, Jan 21 2010, Taru Karttunen wrote:

> I am wondering whether org-babel would be suitable for managing a
> bibtex database of ~1500 entries. I am thinking of making Bibtex
> entries into literate source code and thus have org-mode managing them
> in a more sensible way.

> Has anyone else done something like this? Any better ideas how to
> accomplish this?

As an intermediate step, I'd be interested in seeing integration between
ebib [1, 2] and org-mode.  At the least, it would be great to store a
link in the ebib buffer, have it inserted as a link to the ebib database
when added to the org buffer, and have it exported as a working
reference (at least when exporting to \LaTeX).

Thanks,
/au

[1] http://ebib.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://repo.or.cz/w/ebib.git