Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Moving to babel the whole configuration

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Moving to babel the whole configuration
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:58:28 +0530

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Dan Davison wrote:
> andrea writes:
>
>> I'm really tempted to move all my emacs configuration in only
>> one big file.  This would also help me to make it more
>> consistent and readable.
>>
>> But I'm afraid to mess up something, in theory I just need: -
>> a simple org and babel loader - one big file containing
>> everything
>>

> Hi Andrea,
>
> I've used a single org mode file to keep all my emacs
> configuration code for the last 5 months or so and I have not
> had any problems at all. I highly recommend it.  I am using a
> simple set up:
>
> My ~/.emacs contains

> (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/src/org-mode/lisp")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp")
> (require 'org-install) (require 'org-babel-init)
> (org-babel-load-file
> "~/config/emacs/emacs.org")
>
> and all the rest of my emacs config code is in
> ~/config/emacs/emacs.org

This works very nicely.  Thank you.

I am thinking about making my config a little leaner while I
reorganize without affecting functionality I have gotten used to by
preventing sections of config from loading.  I thought setting :tangle
to `no' should help but the default is already `no' and all my config
is loaded.  How would one go about marking a section of configuration
so that it remains in the configuration file but does not get tangled
while Emacs boots?

Thanks
--
Manish