Re: [Orgmode] icalendar: exporting times of day specified in heading?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] icalendar: exporting times of day specified in heading?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:31:06 +0100

On Jan 28, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Stephen Eglen wrote:

Hi Carsten,

Hi Stephen,

while it might be possible to do what you ask for, I think it is
error- prone because people might accidently have something in the
headline which looks like a time.  I don't mind so much if Org's
agenda stumbles over this, but I don't want to produce incorrect
icalendar files.

Also, this icalendar export function is programmed in a messy way, and
I don't see a quick way to fix this.

If you can make me a patch, I will take it.

Thanks for this. I did decide to bite the bullet and look into this. I
think I have some working code, modifiying:
 org-agenda-add-entry-to-org-agenda-diary-file

so that it parses out the date at that point, conditional on
org-agenda-search-headline-for-time being t.  In this way, it doesn't
touch the ical export functions.

I will double check and submit a patch for consideration.

Thanks!

A small note though: along the way, I've sometimes noticed that diary
entries   are included with a level 2 heading rather than a level 4
heading.

I do not understand this. Included where? How? Can you please describe this
more extensively?

Thanks

- Carsten

 I haven't been able to track this down, its just noticeable
when I later browse agenda.org

*** 2010-02-02 Tuesday
**** 15:00-15:30 check me
    <2010-02-02 Tue>

i.e. that 2nd line is sometimes given two heaings, and is not within the
right level 3 heading.  Anything obvious I might want to look at when
debugging?

Stephen

- Carsten