Re: [Orgmode] Bug: \log and friends are not recognized as math [6.34b]

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: \log and friends are not recognized as math [6.34b]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:37:04 -0500

I went through the rest - same conventions apply.

> 1. If something is undefined in LaTeX, this is notated by commenting the item
> out
>    in the appended LaTeX file, e.g.
>
> %\nbsp
>
> 2. If something requires math mode, this is notated by marking the item like
> this:
>    \ensuremath{\foo} in the appended LaTeX file, e.g.
>
> \ensuremath{\vert}
>
> 3. If an item is defined and does not require math mode, it is left unadorned
> in
>    the appended LaTeX file, e.g.
>
>    \copy

In addition, there are some symbols that are defined in packages. Where
I knew about that, I indicated the package in a comment. There are a
couple of things (\divide, \and and \or) that are defined, but they are
not useful as symbols - where applicable, I have indicated that in a
comment as well. And there is a bug in org-exp.el that caused \heartsuit
to be omitted and \diamondsuit to be duplicated:

    ("hearts") ("diamondsuit"."♥")

HTH,
Nick

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
% \nbsp
% \iexcl
% \cent
% \pound
% \curren
% \yen
% \brvbar

\ensuremath{\vert}
% \sect
% \uml
\copy
% \ordf
% \laquo
\not
% \shy
% \reg
% \macr
\ensuremath{\deg}
\ensuremath{\pm}
%\plusmn
\ensuremath{\sup }%2
\ensuremath{\sup }%3

\ensuremath{\acute x}
% \micro
% \para
% \middot
\ensuremath{\odot}
\ensuremath{\star}
%\cedil
\ensuremath{\sup1}
% \ordm
% \raquo
\ensuremath{\frac 1 4}
\ensuremath{\frac 1 2}
\ensuremath{\frac 3 4}
% \iquest
% \Agrave
% \Aacute
% \Acirc
% \Atilde
% \Auml
% \Aring
\AA
% \AElig
% \Ccedil
% \Egrave
% \Eacute
% \Ecirc
% \Euml
% \Igrave
% \Iacute
% \Icirc
% \Iuml
% \ETH
% \Ntilde
% \Ograve
% \Oacute
% \Ocirc
% \Otilde
% \Ouml
\ensuremath{\times}
% \Oslash
% \Ugrave
% \Uacute
% \Ucirc
% \Uuml
% \Yacute
% \THORN
% \szlig
% \agrave
% \aacute
% \acirc
% \atilde
% \auml
% \aring
% \aelig
% \ccedil
% \checkmark
% \egrave
% \eacute
% \ecirc
% \euml
% \igrave
% \iacute
% \icirc
% \iuml
% \eth
% \ntilde
% \ograve
% \oacute
% \ocirc
% \otilde
% \ouml
{\count240=240
  \divide\count240 by 2    % not useful as a symbol
}
% \oslash
% \ugrave
% \uacute
% \ucirc
% \uuml
% \yacute
% \thorn
% \yuml
% \fnof
% \Alpha
% \Beta
\ensuremath{\Gamma}
\ensuremath{\Delta}
% \Epsilon
% \Zeta
% \Eta
\ensuremath{\Theta}
% \Iota
% \Kappa
\ensuremath{\Lambda}
% \Mu
% \Nu
\ensuremath{\Xi}
%\Omicron
\ensuremath{\Pi}
%\Rho
\ensuremath{\Sigma}
%\Tau
\ensuremath{\Upsilon}
\ensuremath{\Phi}
%\Chi
\ensuremath{\Psi}
\ensuremath{\Omega}
\ensuremath{\alpha}
\ensuremath{\beta}
\ensuremath{\gamma}
\ensuremath{\delta}
\ensuremath{\epsilon}
\ensuremath{\varepsilon}
\ensuremath{\zeta}
\ensuremath{\eta}
\ensuremath{\theta}
\ensuremath{\iota}
\ensuremath{\kappa}
\ensuremath{\lambda}
\ensuremath{\mu}
\ensuremath{\nu}
\ensuremath{\xi}
%\omicron
\ensuremath{\pi}
\ensuremath{\rho}
%\sigmaf
\ensuremath{\varsigma}
\ensuremath{\sigma}
\ensuremath{\tau}
\ensuremath{\upsilon}
\ensuremath{\phi}
\ensuremath{\chi}
\ensuremath{\psi}
\ensuremath{\omega}
%\thetasym
\ensuremath{\vartheta}
%\upsih
% \piv
% \bull
\ensuremath{\bullet}
%\hellip
\dots
\ensuremath{\prime}
%\Prime
% \oline
% \frasl
% \weierp
% \image
% \real
% \trade
% \alefsym
% \larr
\ensuremath{\leftarrow}
\ensuremath{\gets}
%\uarr
\ensuremath{\uparrow}
%\rarr
\ensuremath{\to}
\ensuremath{\rightarrow}
%\darr
\ensuremath{\downarrow}
%\harr
\ensuremath{\leftrightarrow}
%\crarr
\ensuremath{\hookleftarrow}
%\lArr
\ensuremath{\Leftarrow}
%\uArr
\ensuremath{\Uparrow}
%\rArr
\ensuremath{\Rightarrow}
%\dArr
\ensuremath{\Downarrow}
%\hArr
\ensuremath{\Leftrightarrow}
\ensuremath{\forall}
\part{foo}
\ensuremath{\partial}
%\exist
\ensuremath{\exists}
\empty
\ensuremath{\emptyset}
\ensuremath{\nabla}
%\isin
\ensuremath{\in}
\ensuremath{\notin}
\ensuremath{\ni}
\ensuremath{\prod}
\ensuremath{\sum}
%\minus
%\lowast
\ensuremath{\ast}
% \radic
% \prop
% \proptp
% \infin
\ensuremath{\infty}
%\ang

\ensuremath{\angle}
% \and                  - not useful as a symbol
\ensuremath{\wedge}
% \or                   - not useful as a symbol
\ensuremath{\vee}
\ensuremath{\cap}
\ensuremath{\cup}
\ensuremath{\int}
% \there4
\ensuremath{\sim}
\ensuremath{\cong}
\ensuremath{\simeq}
\ensuremath{\asymp}
\ensuremath{\approx}
\ensuremath{\ne}
\ensuremath{\neq}
\ensuremath{\equiv}
\ensuremath{\le}
\ensuremath{\ge}
%\sub
\ensuremath{\subset}
\ensuremath{\sup}
\ensuremath{\supset}
%\nsub
% \sube
% \supe
\ensuremath{\oplus}
\ensuremath{\otimes}
\ensuremath{\perp}
%\sdot
\ensuremath{\cdot}
\ensuremath{\lceil}
\ensuremath{\rceil}
\ensuremath{\lfloor}
\ensuremath{\rfloor}
% \lang
% \rang
% \loz
% \Diamond                 % latexsym.sty
% \spades
\ensuremath{\spadesuit}
% \clubs
\ensuremath{\clubsuit}
% \hearts
\ensuremath{\heartsuit}    % added for this testing
\ensuremath{\diamondsuit}
% \diams
% \diamondsuit             % duplicate
\ensuremath{\smile}
% \blacksmile
% \sad
% \quot
% \amp
% \lt
% \gt
% \OElig
% \oelig
% \Scaron
% \scaron
% \Yuml
\ensuremath{\circ}
\ensuremath{\tilde{x}}   % math accent - not a symbol
% \ensp
% \emsp
% \thinsp
%\zwnj
% \zwj
% \lrm
% \rlm
% \ndash
% \mdash
% \lsquo
% \rsquo
% \sbquo
% \ldquo
% \rdquo
% \bdquo
\ensuremath{\dagger}
% \Dagger
% \permil
% \lsaquo
% \rsaquo
% \euro                % eurosym.sty
% \EUR                 % marvosym.sty
% \EURdig              % marvosym.sty
% \EURhv               % marvosym.sty
% \EURcr               % marvosym.sty
% \EURtm               % marvosym.sty

% I didn't test these individually, but I'm pretty sure they all require math
mode.

\ensuremath{ \arccos
\arcsin
\arctan