Re: [Orgmode] Re: ics file not understood by google calendar

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: ics file not understood by google calendar
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 07:14:26 +0100

Hi Vagn

On Feb 1, 2010, at 8:47 PM, Vagn Johansen wrote:

Hi Vagn,

you are saying that this used to work out of the box and no longer does?
Could you please git bisect to identify the offending commit?

Hi Carsten

Did you see my follow-up email? (reproduced below)

Yes, I did see you followup - however, i still sounds to me that you
are saying that something changed in Org (VEVENT to VTODO). It would still
be useful to identify when exactly this happened.

- Carsten

The problem appears to be caused by a change from VEVENT to VTODO in
org-icalendar.el. Of course, the change may be correct and google
calendar just does not support VTODO.

I just discovered some entries in google calendar which comes from an
org export to ics that was done half a year ago. They use VEVENT (as
opposed to VTODO).

This works

BEGIN:VEVENT
UID: TS-9164991C-7E1A-4D65-8A44-3674B236A836
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20090621
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20090622
SUMMARY:leg press
CATEGORIES:privat
END:VEVENT

Does not work (test9365.ics)

BEGIN:VTODO
UID: TODO-34C3192F-21FE-48C1-BFD7-7934B51D03A3
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20100201
SUMMARY:feb1
CATEGORIES:test9365
SEQUENCE:1
PRIORITY:5
STATUS:NEEDS-ACTION
END:VTODO

If i change the first todo in test9365.ics to use VEVENT and save it
at http://ozymandias.dk/test/test9365c.ics then the event shows up in
google calendar.

--
Vagn Johansen