Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-jekyll

From: Juan Reyero
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-jekyll
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:57:38 +0100

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have been exporting org-mode subtrees to jekyll blog posts on a couple
> of projects, and I've found it really handy
> - resulting in more attractive web pages than I'm able to generate
>  directly from org
> - for the liquid syntax which jekyll provides for programmatic
>  generation of elements of html files
> - and for the ability to automatically generate xml/atom/rss from my
>  projects
>
> One issue that I've not been able to solve is the resolution of
> intra-file links when I'm exporting subtrees to external files.  For
> example say I have the following file
> Taking the above idea one step further, if say each subtree has an
> "EXPORT_FILE_NAME" property then it would be great to support link
> maintenance during export of all such subtrees in a file

It is a great idea.  Most of my links end up being in http format
pointing to the final location of things, which is a brittle solution
and prevents following them from org-mode.

For exporting subtrees in jekyll format you'd probably want to allow
the value of EXPORT_FILE_NAME to be a function that computes it from
the entry properties.

Another problem is how to export images and attachments.  I haven't
solved it yet: I manually copy them to their final destination, and
have a link in org-mode that will translate to something correct when
exported.  It'd be great to be able to refer to an attached file from
a link in an entry, and copy during export the attachments directory.

Best,

Juan
--
http://juanreyero.com/