Re: [Orgmode] Only show a certain weekday in the agenda view

From: Björn Steffen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Only show a certain weekday in the agenda view
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:51:42 +0100

Hi Manish,

> I am guessing you probably want to see items related to your classes.

Exactly. To get an overview for the next couple of weeks.

> In that case if you tag the items related to classes, then you can
> filter based on the tag ('/' in agenda or timeline view or 'C-c a m
> "tag"').

Good idea.
All events specific to my classes are in a file with #+CATEGORY: MNG.
So I first tried to filter with '/' in agenda view on 'CATEGORY="MNG"'
but that didn't work.

Probably this works only with tags. Therefore I changed my org-file
such that I have now a single headline as a parent for all these
events. I gave this parent headline the tag :MNG:. Now I can filter in
the agenda view based on this tag.

This gives me more or less what I was looking for. So I configured the
following custom agenda command:

Org Agenda Custom Commands
Choice: Value Menu Single command:
            Access Key(s) : u
            [X] Description: Unterricht am MNG
            Choice: Value Menu Agenda
            Match (only for some commands):
            Local settings for this command. Remember to quote values:
            INS DEL Setting: Value Menu Heading for this block:
                        org-agenda-overriding-header
                        Headline: Unterricht am MNG
            INS DEL Setting: Value Menu Number of days in agenda:
                        org-agenda-ndays
                        Integer: 28
            INS DEL Setting: Value Menu Start on day of week:
                        org-agenda-start-on-weekday
                        Choice: Value Menu Weekday No.: 1
            INS DEL Setting: Value Menu Any variable:
                        Variable: org-agenda-show-all-dates
                        Value (sexp): nil
            INS DEL Setting: Value Menu Tags filter preset:
                        org-agenda-filter-preset
                        Repeat:
                        INS DEL +tag or -tag: +MNG
                        INS