[Orgmode] Re: file location

From: Noorul Islam
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: file location
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 23:49:20 +0530

Shawn Koons <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a command (or two) that will identify the locations of the
> below-listed files/folders? I am using Ubuntu and it seems that there is
> more than one emacs install on this computer and multiple files that *could*

If you have installed both versions of emacs using dpkg or apt-get then
the following command will display available versions of emacs on your system.

dpkg -l | grep emacs

In order to find the list of files that comes with the package just run
the following command with the package name from the previous command output.

dpkg -L <pkgname>

I hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul