Re: [Orgmode] Re: timestamps

From: Rares Pop
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: timestamps
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 09:21:45 +0200

Thanks for the answer Carsten.

There is any plan to support it in future releases?

Thanks,
Rares

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:42 AM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Feb 8, 2010, at 5:23 PM, Rares Pop wrote:

Hi Matt,

It worked almost everything, with the exception of publishing and exporting.
That doesn't work only if i delete the CLOCK: string before the timestamp.

Here is the line:
 CLOCK: [2010-02-08 Mon 15:31]--[2010-02-08 Mon 16:32] =>  1:01

I searched through the doco but i didn't not find any solution, to export it the way it is.

Can you give some more ideas?

Clock lines are currently unconditionally removed during export.
Mainly because I think they look ugly and nobody wants to see them.

- Carsten

Best regards,
RAres

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
Rares Pop <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm using orgmode 6.30d, under the OS Ubuntu 8.04 and the general
> idea is to use it to log my work and i'm facing the following issues:
>
>   * insert a constant timestamp (e.g. i forgot to insert an activity
>     that i did yesterday, and i want to log it. Ican't insert a clock
>     with previous start and end date)

You can insert an timestamp with HH:MM by typing "C-u C-c !".

Here is a *very simple* function I use to insert a clock line at point:

  (defun my-org-insert-old-clock ()
    "Insert a clock line interactively at point."
    (interactive)
    (open-line 1)
    (insert "CLOCK: ")
    (org-time-stamp-inactive t)
    (insert "--")
    (org-time-stamp-inactive t)
    (org-clock-update-time-maybe))

>   * change a timestamp inserted with a clock log in (e.g. i booked an
>     activity to had started at 01:40PM but it actually started at 02:00
>     PM, how can i change it to have it delayed 20 minutes later)

You can change a time stamp by using Shift and the arrow keys. S-left
and S-right move forward and backward by day. S-up and S-down change
individual elements of the clock (hour, minutes, etc.).

See manual section 8.2: "Creating timestamps."

>   * export the org mode document with the clocks timestamp (e.g. i want
>     to export the working log with all the timestamp both HTML and PDF
>     but i have no success. The clock timestamps are not displayed in
>     the output file)

Are your timestamps in a :LOGBOOK: drawer? If so, you can turn on the
inclusion of drawers in export by adding the following line to the top
of your file:

Or you can set org-export-with-drawers to t.

Hope this helps.
Matt