Re: [Orgmode] Atomized completion list for multi-value property keys

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Atomized completion list for multi-value property keys
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:56:54 +0100

On Feb 5, 2010, at 11:09 PM, Harald Weis wrote:

For example, the key sequence "C-c / p <key-string> <TAB>"
yields the following completion list:

colon           colon_rss       oesoph colon_colosc
prost_echogr    vitd            vitd prost_psa
vitd prost_tr

In _addition_ to this, I need a completion list where all
multi-values are atomized:

colon           colon_colosc    colon_rss
oesoph          prost_echogr    prost_psa
prost_tr        vitd

A practical key sequence could use <S-TAB> instead of <TAB>.

Is there an ``easy'' way to achieve this or is it a major job ?

Well, it is not implemented current, and it would he hard to implement in the current C-c C-x C-p command - because Org- does not know which properties are multivalued and which are not. So a special command would be needed.

I don't think it is hard to make, using the multivalued property API.
But I also don't think many people use it, so I am not going to do it right now. WOuld you like to try?

- Carsten