Re: [Orgmode] Re: search for DEADLINE in warning period

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: search for DEADLINE in warning period
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:07:06 +0100

Hi Lukasz,

thanks for the patch.

I am wondering: What would be a good use case for the `far' setting?

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Feb 10, 2010, at 7:41 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:

On Feb 9, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

Interesting. The docstring for org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines
seems to
suggest otherwise. Is this documentation inaccurate?

,----
| Documentation:
| Non-nil means don't show near deadline entries in the global todo
list.
| Near means closer than `org-deadline-warning-days' days.
| The idea behind this is that such items will appear in the agenda
anyway.
| See also `org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date'.
| See also the variable `org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options'.
`----

This ist just to explain what "near" means in the sentence before.
I have improved the docstring, thanks.

And I've made it work with 'near and 'far symbols.

Now org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date can be set to:

nil     - to show (not ignore) notes with deadline timestamps
'far    - to ignore notes which are further than the warning period
'near - to hide deadlines that are really close, good for an ostrich ;-)
non-nil - do not show *any* notes with deadline timestamps on a todo
         list

Check it out

http://github.com/steelman/steelman-org-mode/tree/org-agenda-todo-ignore-close-deadlines
http://github.com/steelman/steelman-org-mode.git