Re: [Orgmode] Mobile Org and idisk.me.com

From: Richard Moreland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Mobile Org and idisk.me.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:58:45 -0500

Hi Ross,

You'll want to set org-mobile-directory to something like
/Volumes/rosslaird/org (or wherever your iDisk is mounted, typically
under /Volumes/mobilemeusername).  You can poke around and find your
org folder under /Volumes to identify the precise location.

Your iDisk folder should then sync with MobileMe either automatically
when it sees a change, or periodically if you have it configured to
only sync every N minutes, and you should be in business.

The /scp (and ssh variants) use TRAMP, which connects over SSH to your
server to copy the files.  iDisk doesn't support this, so you'll need
to use the alternate approach above.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
Richard